Friday, December 10, 2010

25 Days of Christmas {Day 11}

**ETA: This giveaway is now closed--winner will be announced at midnight**

It's day 11 and hopefully you are taking time to document the hustle and bustle of the season. Between holiday performances and keeping up on traditions, it's all the perfect opportunity to take quick snapshots of those memories...it's worth the few extra minutes that it takes, and with so many people with camera phones, there's no excuse not to. If you want to do more, use your point and shoot. There's no need for an expensive camera. Some people (*cough* likeme *cough) get a little nervous about showing photos that aren't "just right."...it's an issue I'm working through. There's no need to set the stage for every moment that you are trying to document. I will admit that the aesthetic value makes for a great layout when you are putting it all together in a photobook or layout, but it's really not necessary. These memories are for you and your posterity. The value comes from keeping the memory alive with the picture and by telling the story behind it.

However, there are some tips that you can keep in mind to make the most of your small window of opportunity when capturing those moments. Here are a few that I've put together for you. Feel free to save and print the page and keep it handy in your camera case or purse:



*camera image is from kit Photogenic by Paislee Press and Audrey Neal

Speaking of keeping tabs on holiday moments, let's meet our next sponsor.

Scrapping Simply is a professional photo lab that has been printing for over 30 years. They print full bleed on the highest archival quality photo paper – making those precious moments waterproof, and scratch resistant.. They offer a 100% Guarantee – if for any reason you are not satisfied with your prints we will reprint them or refund your money. Each print is hand inspected by a Scrapping Simply employee to make sure that it meets our high quality standards.

As well as printing scrapbook pages we print photo gifts – canvas gallery wraps and these memory boxes (photos included of these) which makes GREAT gifts. Check out some examples...

Scrapping Simply is giving away $25 to one lucky person!! 8x8 prints are only 99 cents so you could fill a whole album!!

Here's how to win:
*post a comment for one chance to win
*post about this on Facebook (using this link: http://leora-sanford.blogspot.com/ ) and leave a comment to your FB post here by copying and pasting the http address in your browser window for a second chance to win
*tweet about this on Twitter (using this link:http://leora-sanford.blogspot.com/ ) OR retweet my tweet and leave a comment to your tweet here by copying and pasting the http address in your browser window for a third chance to win

GOOD LUCK!! You have until tonight at 9:00 MST to enter.
Don't forget to visit our sponsors to show them our support and appreciation!! :)
Leora

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let's see who gets Sara's templates for 2011...
congrats to:

Congrats! Email me at sanfleo [at] cableone [dot] net to get your prize info!!
**ETA: This giveaway is now closed--winner will be announced at midnight**

34 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool! I have been behind on printing!

Joy said...

Would love to win. Thanks for the chance.

Anonymous said...

I could get all those holiday photos printed !

Thanks for this great giveaways!
x Elizabeth

Uyen said...

I have a bunch of digital photos and layouts on my computer just begging to be printed. Thanks for the chance.

latz said...

This is a wonderful prize.

rkokes said...

would love to win!

jenna said...

printing is ESSENTIAL... I would love to win this one :)

Tiffany said...

I just received an order from them yesterday - perfect as always! I'd love to try the gallery wrap.

amytangerine said...

such an awesome prize. my BFF has wanted copies of my pages that she's on, and this would make the perfect present! thanks for the chance to win.

Anonymous said...

Awesome prize again. Thanks for the chance to win it

kbrown726 said...

I have never printed. This is exciting.

kbrown726 said...

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1257507163

Chance #2. Hope I did that right.

ThisKalilLife said...

Very cool giveaway.

Thanks for the chance to win :)

Unknown said...

Wow I'd love to get some of my layouts printed, they are just sitting on my computer now!

lmjrocko said...

Great prize. Thanks

Holly S said...

Thanks for the heads up on Scrapping Simply...I've never heard of them but I am off to check them out!

Gemma said...

I'm behind on printing too - would love to win!!

Hally said...

This is another great resource, I am looking at the holiday cards now....

Jennifer said...

What a great prize. I've not printed with them yet. Thank you for the chance.

L said...

oh-la-la.....scrapping simply rocks!

--AKrubygal

Anna said...

This would be awesome to win - Thanks!!!

JAmie S said...

Thanks

~Angie said...

there prints are amazing!

~Angie said...

posted on facebook
http://www.facebook.com/#!/nun69

~Angie said...

tweeted :)
http://twitter.com/nun69

Agnieszka said...

great sponsor! would love to win it!hope it is possible to have it printed in Europe too.

Agnieszka said...

I retweeted too http://twitter.com/asali_pl/status/13749112528707584

Stacey said...

thanks for another great giveaway!

Yanina said...

Nice! Thanks for the chance.

teresaj said...

Never heard of this company this would be a nice gift to win.

Carol said...

have so many pics to develop!

Amelia said...

AWESOME! would love to win! :) Thanks!

KendiRN said...

Another great present to try for ... THANK YOU!

Unknown said...

great giveaway@