
It's time again for another photo-tip. I love to use the photos from I heart Faces' Fix-It Friday challenges because it gives me a focus to my tips.
And speaking of focus, today's tip is boosting those slightly out-of-focus photos so that they are a little more sharp. There are a few ways to do this, the most popular being using Unsharp Mask. Today, however, I'm going to show you a quick way using one of the Filters in Photoshop. This way allows you more flexibility than unsharp mask.Let's start with the BEFORE:

Step 1: Open your photo to be fixed and duplicate the layer (CTRL-J on your PC). On the top-most layer, select the blending mode "Overlay."
Step 2: Go to Filter>Other>Highpass
Step 3: Finally, you will have a window that shows the photo with this tint of gray over it. Adjust the slider to your liking (I stay around 1.5-3.5) and then click OKAY. You can adjust the opacity if it's too much. Flatten the image and you are good to go!
Now, here's the BEFORE and AFTER side-by-side. See the difference the slight sharpen makes?

AND I decided to play a little more, so here's my final edit for the photo. (I used several actions from My Four Hens and the frame is from Paislee Press)
SO, that's it!! Be sure to leave comments for all of the other I Heart Faces members who participated in the challenge.I do have a SUPER AMAZING announcement coming up that you are ALL going to be excited about, so stay tuned!! Wanna keep up with my blog? Click on the "Follow Me" button so that you can stay up to date with my tips, freebies, product debuts and giveaways.
Leora
3 comments:
Very cool! Thanks for that - I hope to try it later! BIG news? Oh, wow! I can't wait to hear!
many thanks for the tips, that's always useful !
I just found your site when you started the 25 days of Christmas and since then I just can't get enough haha. I can't wait to try out your quick fix's and just wanted to say a huge thank you!!! Merry Christmas :D
Post a Comment