Things are CRAZY busy. I have hardly had time for sleep. School started and I'm finding that I like my switch from 1st/2nd to 5th/6th grade MORE and more everday! It's nice knowing that I can have some expectations as far as quality and responsibility. The kids actually like me, too...I am far less crabby of a teacher this year than last. It may have something to do with the fact that I don't have to see nose pickers all day...
I am staying busy being a teacher by day and designer by night. I have this great gig with Making Memories designing Smileboxes . I used their product digitally and then create scrapbooking templates that will eventually be for sale on the smilebox site. It's pretty good $, too...which is the ONLY reason I would ever live off of 4 hours of sleep. It's actually not that bad...it's all my fault...I'm a self-proclaimed procrastinator and I SWEAR by the fact that it's b/c I work better at the last minute. I don't really know if that's true b/c I've never tried it any other way, BUT it does make me sound like a a true artiste (said with an accent)....at least I try to convince myself of that. I've also been fortunate enough to be picked up a few time by Creating Keepsakes magazine...I will have several layouts on their issues between now and Feb. the HOF book is due out SOON!!! I am so excited to see my winning entries in it....it's still pretty unreal to me...what an experience to win that contest!!!
I survived my 12 year old's birthday/slumber party!!! It was pretty crazy, but fun. I guess the best part was seeing how excited she was to host a party. She cleaned the house TOP to BOTTOM for about 2 days. We created some cool invites (I made them in photoshop...she helped by picking out the digital elements).
Check 'em out:

Here's a quick layout I made of the birthday girl...

can't get over how mature she looks!!! Makes me feel OLD!!! That and the newly found GRAY HAIR that Scott found on me the other day!!!
Speaking of birthdays, I finally scrapped a page about my grandma in law's 90th birthday celebration. She's adorable...

Journaling reads: After spending 90 plus years to get to this point in your life, I would think that taking your time to make a wish is more than reasonable.
I am hoping to update this more often and encourage my family to check it out. It's a great way to communicate about my life in one spot.
it's late...gonna have to put on the teacher hat in a few hours.
night.
5 comments:
Aloha! wanted to say hey and glad that I found your blog through DD CT's gallery =-) Nice blog!
Smilebox looks like so much fun! I'm downloading the free version now!
I was unable to update and download the Smilebox software. A message asked me to copy and send the error message, but there was no info to copy. Are you still workingout the bugs?
Can't wait to play with it!
Jennie
hmm...where do I start...
1.) YAY on the blog update... I had been a little worried that something happened to you, lol.
2.) I can imagine looking at nose pickers all day would wear you down a little bit. I couldn't stop giggling when I read that.
3.) That MM gig sounds pretty hot! I also share the procrast gene and feel your pain. In fact, I was up until 4am just the other night working on some cards for a class...good times. I will send you some Red Bull.
4.) I am getting gray hairs too...scary...so super scary....old? EEEEK!!!
5.) Your daughter looks just like you...even though I have only seen you in pictures...still, at first glance, I thought that was you!!
6.) You rock and I love your lo's!!! Thanks for sharing them, and please share more...
7.) In the meantime, to encourage more blogging... you have been TAGGED!!(see blog for deets.)
That's all!! (((HUG)))
Bloggers are dorks....but I like your work. Granny looks the same as she did 30 years ago. It is kinda freaky because I don't think she ages anymore.
I used anonymous to avoid the login/password but I am sure you know who this is.
Post a Comment